Whether you’ve only just heard of the micro-blogging platform, or have already planned your entire wedding based on boards from other brides-to-be, Pinterest has quickly become a top destination for a variety of creative connoisseurs.
Pinterest, a virtual “pinboard” which allows you to save and organize links, images and videos you find while surfing the web, is popular among women (and recently men!) of all ages. It’s a great tool for saving recipes or DIY projects you’d like to try, browsing home decorating ideas if you’re in the market, or finding a little motivation among thousands of inspiring quotes. Many of our students and graduates have integrated Pinterest with their health coaching websites, sharing mouth-watering photos of their latest culinary creations.
Pinterest is overflowing with gorgeous photos. You could find a green smoothie recipe for each day of the year, and an aesthetically pleasing one at that. But you’ll also find an array of cheese-smothered, bacon-wrapped, candy-coated junk, and it can be difficult to wade through it all in search of some healthy inspiration. Here are some of our favorite boards to browse whenever we need a little “pinspiration.”
Are you an all-star pinner? Stay tuned for an exciting contest announcement coming soon, because we’re looking for you!
- purely elizabeth – If you’re a fan of IIN grad Elizabeth Stein’s purely elizabeth products, you’ve got to check out her page for some drool-worthy photos. There’s a whole board dedicated to coconut sugar!
- Mark Hyman – This IIN teacher shares his picks for good reads and fitness tips. Our favorite is his “Live Well” board, which ranges from inspiring stories to useful infographics.
- Gabby Bernstein – Motivational speaker and author, Gabby’s boards radiate encouragement, and inspiration. Check out what she cooks, or browse her personal vision board.
- Laura – The girl behind a great website, Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry, shares gluten-free recipes categorized by ingredients or meal type. She includes several dairy-free meals as well.
- Whole Foods Market – The ultimate destination for organic recipes, the Pinterest page is as popular as the market chain itself. Find recipe boards for each holiday, plus seasonal favorites and a tribute to Meatless Monday.
- How Does She – The Food That’s Healthy board has us itching to test her tips such as how to release pomegranate seeds, and keep lettuce fresh for longer!
- Diane Eblin (The WHOLE Gang) – IIN grad and gluten-free specialist, this Health Coach is also a professional recipe developer. You can imagine what kind of delicious treats you’ll spot among boards like Gluten-free Thanksgiving or Real Food Rules!
- OrganicGardens Network - Pinterest heaven for anyone with a food allergy, this page categorizes recipes by ingredients or diet type, and features gardening tips and gift ideas.
- Allison Crunchy Real Food Mom – A must-follow for homemakers, she has several boards for the busy mamas. From homeschool to arts and crafts, she’s got it covered.
- Food Revolution – Covering all things Food Rev, this page gets down to business with infographics, resources, statistics, videos from Food Revolution Day, and of course, healthy recipes from Jamie Oliver.
- Sarah Hoffman – It’s no surprise that this social media guru and IIN student’s board is overflowing with all the good stuff! A great source for gluten-free foodies and pinners looking for nutrition advice.
- Ecosalon – A conscious culture brand that’s all about making green living stylish. Check out their page for DIY ideas, conscious fashion trends, and even a cool food art page!
- Lululemon athletica – It’s no surprise that this popular brand made the list! They’ve strategically chosen pins with a focus on yoga, running, store items and more for a customized pinning experience.
- Eila/meals in a snap + swellmom + full plate blog – A self-claimed happy, healthy mom with the ability to whip up meals with whatever’s in the fridge!
- Bubbles Pleats & Good Eats – An IIN grad and blogger with a knack for organic gardening and holistic beauty. She pins her original posts and products, and other favorites from around the web.
- The Blender Girl – Just like it sounds, the Blender Girl shares a variety of fabulous smoothie recipes. We love the green smoothies, vegan smoothies, Vitamix recipes and more!
- Natural news – Pinterest isn’t generally known as a news source, but Natural News is taking it to a new level! Brush up on your natural knowledge by browsing boards such as food and health freedom, or GMO dangers.
- Vital Juice – If you receive this free daily email with the latest info on health and wellness, you’ll love their boards. From favorite workouts to natural beauty tips, there’s something for every health nut.
- FitChickinTheCity – An IIN student who is all about fitness. She shares motivation via running and workout boards, plus spreads the love with a board dedicated to other fitness blogs.
- Earth Eats: Pins from a weekly podcast, public radio program and blog covering the freshest news and recipes inspired by local food and sustainable agriculture.
- Marissa Vicario – IIN grad and founder of Marissa’s Well-being and Health, Marissa’s boards are full of healthy resources. She covers everything from conscious cooking to women in wellness, sharing many of her original blog posts, but we must admit our favorite is the Integrative Nutrition board!
- Nikita Chopra – The voice behind online lifestyle magazine, Your Bella Life, Nikita empowers readers to live a life just as colorful as her Pinterest boards.
- Full Belly – The gals behind Full Belly Sisters (Justine is an IIN grad) pin their favorite recipes, kid-friendly ideas and pregnancy tips. Their food, glorious food board has over 300 pins!
- Green Living Magazine: Pins from Green Living magazine, including environmental tips for "greening" your health and wellness, children, pets, outdoor living, food and education.
- Integrative Nutrition – You didn’t think we’d leave this one out, did you? Every day we’re pinning healthy recipes, inspiring photos, favorite reads and more, so check out our page to see what’s new and good at IIN!
Do you have a great Pinterest page to share? Share the link in the comments section below!